Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More rain

It has been raining non-stop for what feels like weeks! I feel so bad for my husband who is out in it. I asked where he would sleep if it rains. You may be thinking that is an odd question, BUT unless it is below a certain temperature they sleep outside. No exceptions (at least none that are reliable) ;) He said they would sleep in Strykers. He said they typically sleep 5 to a vehicle. That may not seem too bad until you remember field time = NO SHOWERS. So, I imagine it is kinda stinky! Plus they are not allowed to turn the vehicles on. So, not exactly ideal conditions for getting a good three hours of sleep. I feel so bad for him.
Other than the rain, we had a really great day here. I took the girls to Chick-Fil-A and ran into friends that I don't usually see. I got a chance to talk to some grown ups and the girls wore themselves out in the playland! It was great! Now we are another day closer to my husband being home again!
As for now, I have some decaf coffee brewing and plan to do a little reading and find out who is getting kicked off of American Idol!

2 comments:

Kristan said...

It makes me think of Forrest and Bubba-- I'll lean back on you and you lean back on me". And they sleep back to back! Not a joking matter, but it is a funny scene. At least he is not in a position where he is undergoing enemy attacks at the same time!Gives me second thoughts about complaining about waking up through the night with children!

Trinka said...

Yikes - like sleeping in a tin can! And with the humidity outside, and people breathing inside ... must get MIGHTY "close" in there.

Glad you had a good day out!