Friday, November 28, 2008

Sparkly Eyes

We have been having a great time! For Thanksgiving, we had ourselves and our girls, my parents and sister and my husband's mom, step-dad and my husband's sister. We also invited a man from my husband's class over to eat with us. He is from Jordan and is a Muslim. He was a very nice guy and really seemed to enjoy eating a traditional Thanksgiving and loved the Pumpkin pie! It was a perfect Thanksgiving and I am so thankful we were all together and all healthy and all happy and that our families get along! Ok. I know that was a huge run-on sentence, but I was very Thankful this year.
Today we spent the day touring a local town and taking a walk together. We came home and all decorated the Christmas Tree together. The girls have their own trees to decorate and put in their room (little trees). The youngest was taking hers back and said, "Every time I see the sparkly star I will think about my eyes sparkling. " I asked her if she had sparkly eyes. She said yes and asked if I wanted to see. Of course I said yes and she made very cute eyes at me. I asked her if my eyes sparkled. She gazed into my eyes and said, "No, but you have red things streaking out from them and they are very pretty too." I was rolling! What a funny kid!
After dinner tonight, the oldest asked to get down after eating very little. I wondered why. She wandered around (while the other 6 of us were eating) and she reverently touched the tree, the new decorations and she just looked at everything. Very sweet! I hope to have some pictures from our weekend later. Meanwhile, go visit the blog on the side at www.trinkaj.blogspot.com and see a cute photo.

No comments: