Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Car seats

I learned today that our car seats are completely safe!!!! We drove by the state police today and they said they were awesome car seats and wished everyone would get the kind we have! It felt so good to hear that.
Then my hubby came home a little early today and allowed me some alone time at the library! One of my favorite places! I tried two new recipes for our dinner tonight. One was for sesame broccoli and the other was for a summery pasta dish. My husband suggested I post the recipe here so I will. The reason? We both loved it and the girls did too, but our oldest had THIRDS!!!! She said, "Mommy this is the best food I have ever had!" If you know her history of eating (or lack thereof) you will know what a ringing endorsement this is! So here it goes.....

1 box 16 oz. pasta (we used angel hair)
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup parsley

Cook the pasta like regular.
Meanwhile in a small skillet, brown the garlic in the olive oil (or canola). Cook till browned or soft)
Drain pasta and mix the oil and garlic in with the pasta. Add the parsley and toss it all together.

The girls sprinkled parmesan cheese on top of theirs.

If you try it, let me know what you think. My family said they want it again and often.

My husband and I are watching Baby Borrowers and bemoaning the fact that we are already homesick at the thought of our upcoming separation.

2 comments:

Trinka said...

That sounds wonderful!

Do you eat it hot or cold? I'm going to try it!

The time will go fast ... don't let yourself start dreading it, or you make it last LONGER because it will start before he even leaves then!

Interested in company for Thanksgiving? (See ... it's already over with because you're making plans for time when he'll be home again!)

Trinka

Clifford Jeffery said...

We ate it hot, but were discussing the idea of serving it cold with some veggies for a summery pasta salad!