Friday, October 1, 2010

Mispronunciations

Mispronunciations.  They can really be a funny thing sometimes.  This past week the Genius had a story to read at home.  It was a sweet story about a little girl who was deaf.  Her Mommy was also deaf and many members of her family.  She attended a school for deaf people.  The Genius was very excited about reading this story to me.  She was also excited because we have some deaf people in our family and she knows some sign language!  She even taught some kids in her class a few signs etc.  But, she has a little trouble saying the word "deaf".  See, it just comes out a little differently.  Here is what we heard...."Rosalinda is death.  Her Mommy is death.  She attends the New Mexico school of death and many members of her family are death.  Death people sometimes have difficulty communicating." 
LOL!  Every time I think about it I start laughing all over again!  Have I mentioned how much I love my family???

2 comments:

miranda said...

Too funny! Hope things are going well for you!

Unknown said...

It gets really sad when they start pronouncing a word the right way after doing it the wrong way for so long! I mean, you're glad that they are growing up and learning the correct way and all, but still...I miss those mispronunciations!