Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Big Day

Today was a HUGE day for our girls! They started off with a gym class (translation: 1 hour of hard play with a trained teacher), off to McDonald's where they played with 3 boys for 2 hours, home for a supposed nap BUT.... their aunt finally arrived! They had been waiting for years for this magical moment to arrive and now it is here!!!! They all loaded into our van and my husband, the girls and his sister went kayaking together. After they got home we cooked and then went to the local ice cream store. Needless to say they were EXHAUSTED! It was a great day though and I am VERY excited for tomorrow! I am cooking my first ever turkey.
I am also thankful for my family and the fact that my husband and sister are able to enjoy each other. It has not always been that way. Evidently when he was born, she made several attempts at taking his life. They have come such a long ways. =) But, seriously, when they were gone, I was thinking how great it is that he considers my parents, his parents; and then his sister comes and he is equally excited about spending quality time with her. He worked late into the night last night so he could be here early today and see her. I just think he's a great guy!!!
Happy Early Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!

No comments: