Monday, February 9, 2009

Sunny Weather

We have had beautiful weather the past two days. Our van and the girls have loved it! Yesterday I hand washed the van and today I vented my frustrations on the interior! The girls played outside for over 3 hours today! It was great and they were so thrilled to be out and running and climbing and getting mud covered! They were both asleep by 7:30.
I witnessed something real interesting at a local playland today. There was this woman there with a son named John-Paul. John-Paul was real annoying. So was she. He was running around screaming. LOUDLY. Her choice of discipline? Screaming at the top of her lungs, "JOHNPAUL WE DO NOT SCREAM IN PLAYLANDS!" And when that did not work, she continued that for the next 5 minutes, in a much louder voice than his. Then she told him he was a dumb nerd. Oh yeah, and he was 3 years old. Sounds like the kid will have a great life.

3 comments:

miranda said...

Oh, my gosh!! I think I know that lady! Don't worry, I don't "KNOW" her like a friend but she is a friend of a friend and I know exactly what you are talking about. It the weirdest feeling ever, seeing a parent act worse than their child. She is so annoying and calls him terribly crazy things all the time. It HAS to be the same lady, I can hear her saying, JOHNPAUL over and over.
Crazy that you blogged about her, I couldn't agree with you more!

Clifford Jeffery said...

OHMYWORD!! I don't usually even post names but I thought no one would know her!! That is too weird! We will have to compare notes sometime.... =)

Trinka said...

Oh ... that poor boy. And poor everyone-else-who-was-there people!

How did the girls' react to that behavior?

Growing up, one of my friends' families disciplined their out-of-control boy by saying "now son" over and over and OVER.

At least they didn't yell ... but it was a remarkably ineffective technique. :)