Saturday, August 29, 2009

You've come a long way Baby

2 months ago today the Genius was attacked by a dog. I cannot believe how far she has come during two short months. In so, so many ways God has been there taking care of her, healing her and helping us find the right doctors and providing family and friends who helped us out when we truly needed it. It has been a good day for me. My husband thinks I am batty, but maybe (HOPEFULLY) some other moms can relate. Something about this being an anniversary of the attack made it seem like it would be a hard day. I cannot help thinking that 2 months ago right now I was holding her up as she bled every where etc. But thankfully, today has gone really well. We decided to take each girl out for some special time. I had the Genius and we hit some garage sales with my friend and her sweet baby. My husband took the Hippie hiking.
Our BIG news is that we are moving 2 miles away! =) We found a new rental, a house, that we may actually be able to buy. I love this new place and cannot wait to officially move in. The house is so cute and soon I will get photos (PROMISE). I keep forgetting the camera! We have spent a lot of time over the past few days looking at wooden swing sets. I so badly want one for the girls, but they are a little pricey.
Tonight we went to a cookout with some new friends. The girls had a blast playing with their boys who are also 4 and 6! Here are a few funny quotes.... The Genius said, "Do you know why I think babies are so great? Because they never try to hurt you. But the bad thing about babies is that they always get whatever they want but us big kids don't." =) Tonight the girls were twirling together at the cookout and one of the boys (who is their age) said, "Awww, look, they look so cute playing together!" Kids are awesome!

1 comment:

Kristan said...

It is so awesome to be able to look back and see how far she has come. God is so good!