Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school

We started up the 2009-2010 home-school year today. We officially have a first grader and a kindergartner! I cannot believe it! The day went amazingly well. It definitely is more time consuming with two students. One-on-one time takes a lot longer per child and the whole spelling thing is taking extra time. But it was fun. I LOVE the science! We learn about animals and habitats etc. and then go online to links of videos and pictures and maps of what we just studied! It was way cool! =)
In other news... bills are rolling in at a rapid rate from the dog attack. We are up to a little over $10000 and that does not include at least 5 office visits. We are mailing all this to our attorney and letting them deal with it, but let me say it is NO fun and I struggle with some feelings of anger/unfairness. I will be anxious to see the grand total of all the bills and to see how this ends.

No comments: