Friday, August 14, 2009

Dry Eyes for the Hippie

A few days ago we each decided to take one child out for a date. I took the Hippie and my hubby took the Genius. He took her on a hike and let her lead by learning to follow a map! She LOVED it! Then they got a diet coke and went to the library. I took the Hippie to my friends house to make homemade playdough. When we got home, we headed outside to play...in the dirt of course! Before we went outside, I picked her up and said, "I love you." She said, "I love you Mommy." I asked if she wanted to hear why I loved her. She said yes. I named several reasons and her eyes got watery and she swiped them and said, "MY eyes are dry."

3 comments:

Trinka said...

Awwww - sweet Hippie!

Genius ... what a good idea to work on map-reading with her - she seemed really interested in them!

Kristan said...

That is really sweet!

Anonymous said...

You are a good Mom, Kristen
Julie