Monday, August 17, 2009

Good News/Bad News

The bad news is the Genius was stung by a bug today but the good news is...evidently she is not badly allergic! She was in a bit of pain. We were at a park and had to go to their visitors center for some first aid, but she never had any scary symptoms! We do not know what it was. Whatever it was, it hurt her and caused a very creepy looking welt. It had a big round very raised center and then it immediately spread about 1 inch on either side (creating a 2 inch line) with the big welt in the center. It was weird and we were scared. Thankfully she was just fine and I guess we are safe with her!
At that same park, we had a picnic lunch. Then we took a bike ride together. The girls looked so cute! We had bought them each Kids Camelbacks. The Hippie rode on a co-pilot. So my husband and the Hippie were in front and she was wearing her camelback. Then the Genius followed on her big girl bike wearing her camelback. I brought up the rear. They all looked so cute in front of me, but I did not get a picture. So, just use your imagination on this one!
We ended a nice day with some homemade veggie lasagna! Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sting sounds like what happened to me.. It was a black wasp. Wasps leave bigger whelps then normal bees. I'm glad to hear that she isn't badly allergic, that poor girl doesn't need any more pain!

Clifford Jeffery said...

Oh I know. She is highly allergic to poison ivy and I was half scared she would react the same way to this. She usually has to take steroids every time she gets poison ivy. Are black wasps big? We never saw any bugs near her. Weird