Monday, February 18, 2008

Wish there did not have to be a title

Well, my husband goes tomorrow to get sworn into the U.S. Army as an officer. By this time tomorrow we should know when he will go to his initial trainings and where. It is VERY exciting and VERY nerve-wracking!
We have been talking to the girls about what this will mean and how our lives may be changing. Here are their two extreme reactions...
Oldest: "So, Daddy will have a new job in the Army where he is kinda like a policeman keeping people safe. Will he get money for doing that?" I said, "Yes". She said, "So, does this mean we will finally have enough money so that I can take ballet AND gymnastics?"
Youngest: "You might be proud of daddy, but I think I will just be sad and miss him all the time."
I think I will want to remember those reactions for a time to come!
Then today our oldest had a "revelation". She said, "Mommy, today at the gym things were really crazy. I know my sister is three and I know ____ is three. BUT did you know, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME SIZE?????? One of them was taller than the other and the other was shorter than the other. Isn't that crazy?"

No comments: