Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Elmo is God?

Tonight as the girls were bathing I overheard one of the funniest conversations ever! They have this huge Elmo and a tiny little Barney figurine. The youngest was telling me about Awanas and hearing that Jesus walked on water. The oldest said she heard this too. I was telling them the story. The youngest picks up Barney and says in a weird wobbly voice, "God, I am walking on water. Come save me!" Elmo, quite proud in his role of Jesus, quickly plunges through the bubbles to save Barney (who is now HOLLERING, "I'm DRAINING") and says, "I'll save you! I made the world and I can save you too! Just put your feet on TOP of the water instead of draining!" Somehow I heard God laughing from Heaven! I also think that somewhere there is a great analogy or sermon illustration here, but I have not yet found it.

No comments: