Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Family Size

What makes a family a large family?  My closest friend is pregnant with her 6th child and she is always getting comments on her "huge" family.  We are getting ready to have our 4th and I have exactly one comment in reference to the size of our family.  So I am curious....to YOU what makes a family cross over from average to large?  Or is it kind of like age...you know, when you are 10, 40 seems OLD.  When you are 33....well 70 starts to look old.  Me?  I don't find 4 kids to be a large family.  I think once you hit 7-8 you become a large family.  What do you think?

4 comments:

Trinka said...

For me, if you can't fit your whole family in one car, it seems big. So you guys, with #4, seem like a big family. Don't know why the "car" is the measuring stick in my mind, but it is! :)

Kim M. said...

I think it's all in perspective. I have 3 and don't think 4 or 6 is a large family. Some people probably think 2 or 3 is large. I have to say though...I don't know why people think it's their place to comment! It's a personal decision whatever the size of your family.

Stacia said...

For me anything after 4 is a large family; I am the oldest of 4 so that number is normal to me but man did my momma get lots of comments while we were growing up about how many kids she had.

Aprille said...

I was one of four so four is kind of my measuring stick as well. I agree with trinka too, most minivans seat 6-7, so anything bigger than that you need a "big family" van. lol I think that the standard minivan size is proof of what society thinks is a "normal" big family.

But for us I sadly think that 3 is going to be as big as it gets. I LOVE bigger families though. My dad was one of 7 so I don't think it's abnormal at all.