Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Visit to Chick-Fil-A


Chick-Fil-A and I have quite a long history.  They hired me right when I turned 14.  They adhered to all the child labor laws in effect back then and I was limited to a few days a week for 3 hours a day.  I had to be done at 7.  Never once did they ask me to break a rule and stay over or anything like that.  Plus we had Sundays off. 
All this hullaballo has had me thinking about my time working at Chick-Fil-A.  You know, it was a very positive experience.  My hiring manager and first boss was from India.  I worked with Christians, non-Christians, Catholics and some who did not even believe in God.  I worked with white people, Hispanics, black people and even at least one gay person!  Chick-Fil-A was full of diversity and respect.  And I believe they still are.



Today I loaded my kids and my parents and my sister up in our van and we headed out to our closest Chick-Fil-A, almost 1 hour away. 
Why did we do this?  To support a great company!  Did you know, I never once saw a person treated disrespectfully when I worked there.  Even when things were busy or breaking, I was never once yelled at or spoken rudely too.  And did I mention...I worked there for 4 years! Do you know how they honor teens for that kind of loyalty?  In the form of a $2000 to the college of your choice.  So my 1st year of college Chick-Fil-A gave me a free and clear check for $2000 for sticking with them for 4 years.  To qualify, you need to work for them for 2 years or 2,000 hours. 


Judging from the lines...these employees were busy today! 

We all really enjoyed our food!
And when we left...the lines had doubled or tripled.

Thank you Chick-Fil-A for providing me with a great first experience in the work force, thanks for helping me attend college, thank you for standing strong and thank you for a wonderful meal!





1 comment:

Aprille said...

The line at our CFA wrapped around the building one whole time on CFA appreciation day. My parents waited in line for two whole hours! I didn't stay and wait in the line because I had Ezra, alone, and it would have been a nightmare. But we have gone back several times since then. Our CFA is only about 3 minutes away so we go several times a month. So they get plenty of support from us!! I'm glad that the hullabaloo is over but we still love going!