Monday, March 8, 2010

The Wonderful Weekend

This past weekend was just so awesome that today is feeling kinda hard.
Friday, when my husband got home, we took a 2+ mile hike and saw a beautiful waterfall! The girls had a great time! They love hiking and my husband is great at not wearing them out so that they enjoy it the whole time. The Genius kept saying, "Wow! This is so much fun!" The Hippie was just happy to be surrounded by sticks, dirt and mud again. After the hike we rented some movies and the girls chose Long John Silvers for our dinner choice. We watched a cute dvd and it was time for bed.
Saturday dawned sunny and pretty again. So we attempted another hike at our favorite park. Even though it was only about a mile, we were all a little too tired to enjoy it. So we hit some stores. I had gotten a coupon in the mail from Dick's. They never send coupons. It was for $15 off a $50 or more purchase. My husband has been needing new running shoes so we went to check it out. He likes Brooks shoes. They had all their 2009 Brooks on sale from $100 down to $60! With our coupon we got the shoes for $45!!! Then we hit Babies-R-Us and I was able to use a coupon and get a nice baby monitor (nicer than we ever had before too!). We went to our favorite pizza place for lunch and got Sonic ice cream on the way home. To top off the wonderful Saturday.... Remember that consignment sale from earlier in the week? My friend was working at it and offered to get me these cloth diapers that were half off. I got well over $600 of Fuzzibuns cloth diapers and accessories for $60!!!!! I was totally stoked!!!
Sunday we had church, lunch and Krogers. At home we cleaned and organized and got out the girls summer clothes. They played outside for over 4 hours! We finished with a yummy new recipe.
So Monday is feeling kinda hard. But here's hoping for a great week!

3 comments:

Sara Fleming said...

Wow, that is amazing about the FuzziBunz diapers!!! I think that is the kind I am going to try first. I've heard so many great things about them! :) I'm glad you guys had fun hiking! My husband and I love it too; we are going camping next week during Spring Break so I'm hoping to get in some exercise. Maybe I should check out consignment sales for great offers on baby stuff too! Have a great day!!!

Clifford Jeffery said...

Thanks Sara!!!

Unknown said...

Oooh...FuzziBunz are GREAT diapers!! Color me green with envy! :)

Seriously, that's great!