Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Reactions to the Baby 3 news

Thursday morning we all loaded up into the minivan and took off for the ultrasound. On the way I asked the girls if they thought it would be a boy or girl. They both said they thought it would be a boy. I asked what they wanted and they BOTH said boy! I thought, "Oh no, they are gonna be disappointed." We all sat in the waiting area for about 10 minutes. When they finally called us in it was so exciting! I laid back on the table and she showed the girls the screen. They heard the heartbeat and saw the head and spine and hands. Once he was waving and she captured a picture of it and made a picture for each girl! Then she said, "Well, it's a boy!" We said, "Um, are you sure?" She checked again and said, "Yep. See the 'parts'?" It was OBVIOUS! LOL! I started crying and my husband just squeezed my toe and said, "wow." The girls were giggling. I was just crying! I was so excited!!! We left and my husband started calling all his friends and family, but he had to go to work =(. The girls and I hit Target and Old Navy and each picked out an outfit. They also wanted to each get him a little toy. I met a friend for lunch to share the news for her. It was torture waiting til Friday morning to tell my parents! It was worth the wait though! My mom cried and my dad started naming names we could use! On my side of the family, the last male born was my father! So this is first boy in over 50 years! I think it is safe to say we are all happy and thrilled that our baby 3 is a boy, and a healthy boy at that!

5 comments:

Trinka said...

:) Happy to have a pronoun! :)

Maybe you could name him "Pronoun Three" ... it's original. :)

Clifford Jeffery said...

LOL! I like it Trinka!

Kim M. said...

Congrats again! Sounds like he is going to be spoiled rotten...1st boy is 50 years! Wow...just exciting!

Anonymous said...

Wow! :) I almost started crying as I read this because I could feel the joy "oozing" off the screen! :)

Clifford Jeffery said...

Thanks Kim!
Thanks Steph! We truly would have been thrilled with either but we are super excited it is a boy!