Saturday, January 12, 2008

Human Crumminess

Today started off great! We woke up and realized the girls had let us sleep until 7:30! We had a healthy breakfast and then hit the gym. I went and met my parents and sister and we took the girls to a free showing of "Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Blossom Festival." It was really cute and the girls enjoyed it! We went with my parents to lunch and then came home. It was a great drive, the girls were sleeping and I was listening to the Christian station. We were less than a mile from my husband's office. I had decided to stop by and say hi to him and let the girls roller skate in the parking lot (it's flat, which is a HUGE benefit). Then this man almost hits our four year olds side of the van. I blared the horn. He got behind me and went into the left turn lane and rolled his passenger window down. Assuming he wanted to apologize, I rolled mine down. He said, "Why don't you learn to drive?" I said, "ME???? You almost hit me!" He said, "Yeah and I did it on purpose ******". I yelled, " I have kids in here and you do too! Act like it!" Then he peeled out. I called Cliff and he told me to call 911. I did. By the time I got to Cliff, I was a basket case. I had the shakes for close to an hour. I just cannot believe someone would try to hit my babies ON PURPOSE and FOR NO REASON! I thought I was going to throw up. 911 was going to send out an officer. So, the girls played and we waited for about an hour. My husband said they were real busy so I called and told them not to worry about it. There would not have been anything they could have done anyways. But it reminded me of just how crummy humans can be. I am so sore and tired now that all that adrenaline is gone. I am also SO thankful that we are home safe and sound. Thank you Lord for protecting us!!

No comments: