Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Genius Cooks

Recently, I decided to try and start getting the girls to help cook on  a more regular basis, but also to make it special one-on-one time.  The Genius was up first.  She chose grilled chicken, rice and pot stickers (well mommy may have suggested the menu....).  She did GREAT!  She even loaded the dishwasher and washed the counters and a few dishes.  I loved the time just with her.  She loved learning all about cooking.  Because it was just the two of us we discussed measurements and how to read and follow a recipe, I let her use a REAL knife, turn on burners and stir boiling water and stuff. It was awesome and her meal was delicious!!!


3 comments:

sanityseeker said...

so cute, and such a great idea! usually, come dinner time, i am hungry, tired, and cranky. i don't have the patience to let one of my girls "help"! i suppose it will get a little easier once they are a bit older? good job, genius!

StephieD said...

Yum! Her dinner sure looked yummy!! :)

*Katy* said...

I always loved cooking with my grandmother and mother when I was little. I think that's why I like cooking so much now :) I'm sure your daughter had a great time, especially since it was one-on-one time :)