Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Still Can't Believe It

Today the Hippie made a whole bunch of people cry.  At least 20 people were crying.  Mostly grownups.  Wanna know why?  Well, our van is broken.  Still in the shop.  But I walked the 2+ miles to the school and surprised her by being at the dress rehearsal for the 1st grade musical.  She was so pleased and happy to see me there...even though I was sweaty and tired.  The musical was really cute and she did a great job!  Then it was over and every first grader went to the microphone to introduce themselves and say what they wanted to be when they grow up.  My stomach was in knots.  I knew hers had to be.  She approached the microphone and in a loud clean voice says, "My name is ____ _____ and I am going to be an artist when I grow up."  Everyone was crying.  Afterwards all these teachers came up to hug me.  Her teacher and I met in the hall and we were crying.  I could hardly speak.  It was unbelievable and EXACTLY what I needed to see and hear. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how wonderful! What a fabulous thing to log on and read!

StephieD said...

YAY!!!!!! I bet everyone was in tears, I'm in tears!!! I'm so proud of you Hippie!

The Trophy Wife said...

That is SO wonderful!!! Wow, such a huge step. I can't imagine how proud you must be. Thank you for sharing!

sanityseeker said...

i haven't been following your blog for long so i'm not super knowledgeable about s.m., but i know this is such an incredible achievement for the hippie and i teared up too!! go girl!!!!

Cathy said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you guys.

Trinka said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so proud of her, and thankful that you were able to be there. God blesses in so many ways!

*Katy* said...

YAY!!! I'm glad she was able to do that! I can totally understand why everybody was in tears. And I'm sure it made that two mile walk totally worth it :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE her!!!!!!!