Monday, April 25, 2011

A Book Review




I was able to review the book Daddy Dates by Greg Wright.  Greg Wright has a great sense of humor…and he has to because he is raising four daughters!
The book Daddy Dates was written when Greg realized he had a huge responsibly.  He all of sudden realized he had 4 daughters counting on him and quickly realized he had a mission.  His mission? “Don’t screw up”.  Thus, he began to intentionally date and court his daughters.  The book is well written and humorous.  It is peppered with stories from his personal life and things he has witnessed others going through.  It was a thoroughly enjoyable read but honestly I did not really feel I learned anything new.  The basic gist of the book is to spend quality time one-on-one with your kids.  Be sure and ask open-ended questions and make sure they know that they are loved no matter what.  Even though the book did not enlighten me, I am glad that I read it.  If you are looking for an uplifting, humorous, easy read then you will love this book! 

No comments: