Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"The Christmas Note"




I just love all the heart warming stories about Christmas time.  I was recently able to review the book “The Christmas Note” by Donna VanLiere.  She is the author of the book “The Christmas Shoes”.  I greatly enjoyed that book and the subsequent movie and song as well.  So I was greatly anticipating “The Christmas Note”.  The book revolves around two main characters; reclusive and socially awkward Melissa and extroverted almost pushy Gretchen.  From the first page you are drawn in.  You can tell secrets are lurking and you want, or need, to discover them.  The plot unfolds rather predictably but with several unique twists thrown in as well.  When the book ended I was sad to close the chapter on this set of characters.  I immediately passed the book onto to my mom for her to enjoy as well.  This would be a great read any time of the year, but extra special to enjoy this Holiday season!

No comments: