Monday, May 30, 2011

Flats Challenge Finale


First off, a huge thank you to all of our sponsors; Babee Green, Baby Belle BottomsBummis and Diapers etc.

The week is over and I no  longer have to use flats.  What did I learn during this past week though?  I am just going to lay it out with a list of pros and cons:
Cons:
Cleaning the poop off a flat is much harder than my usual pocket diapers.
Having to painstakingly fold each flat before using it.
I found it to be difficult to put on a flat in a small space (like a changing table) because of the different folds and stuff.
My husband hated them, but when pressed said he would learn to do them if we had to.
Pros:
Surprisingly, I have quite a few pros.
If using a washing machine, the laundering time is drastically reduced; diapers come out cleaner and waaaaayyyyyy less drying time.  To line dry all my flats and covers took only about 3 hours.  Regular diapers can take at least 5 or more.
I liked the trim fit of the flats with covers.  Much less bulky on our little man.
I was just plain proud of myself for figuring them out!
The flats were actually highly absorbent and had no leaks during my time using them.
- - - - - - - - - -
What does this mean in summary?  Well, flats are staying in my stash!  I feel confident using them and absolutely believe they are a great system to use....as long as you can use a washing machine.  If you are considering cloth diapers, please feel free to contact me with any questions...I am happy to help!




1 comment:

*Katy* said...

We've got a stash of pockets all lined up for our little guy-I don't know if I'm brave enough to try the flats/covers yet! Maybe after a few months of pockets I'll be brave enough to try the flats/covers and if so, I'm going to need some advice :)