Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Adventures with a boy

I had my first "boy" moment the other morning.  The baby woke up and he was poopy.  So I decided to change his diaper alone.  Up to that point my husband had been helping.  Those with a newborn boy can relate to all the steps involved in those early diapers.  I had a washcloth covering his privates and was busy cleaning his bottom.  I start to remove the dirty diaper and he begins pooping again...managing to hit both the already dirty diaper and the changing pad as well.  I was ok with this and just shifted him around, cleaned his bottom (again) and put the clean diaper under him.  I got the alchohol for cleaning his cord.  Finished that and got the cream for his circumcision.  I had the lid off and was ready to squirt it on.  So I bravely removed the washcloth.  He promptly shot pee all over me.  It flew over my should and covered our comforter!  I actually found it quite humorous!  I went downstairs with my shirt still wet.  My husband was like, "What happened to you?"  I said, "there was a battle and the baby won. Oh and you may not want to go into our room!"  It was very funny!  My sweet husband then went and got everything cleaned up and in the wash for me so I could feed the baby.  I had to call my best friend Belinda, who is raising 5 wonderful boys, she was laughing and said that has happened to her even with her current baby boy!  I must admit that did make me feel better!
Other than that things are going amazingly well with our baby boy.  The girls are totally in love with him and always wanting to hold him and kiss him. In fact, they were disappointed that he cannot sleep in their room.  The Genius said to me, "Mommy, I know he cannot sleep with us now.  But when he sleeps all night long could he please share our room?  I know when he gets older he will not want to be in a princess room with us but until then could our brother be with us?"  How can you say no to that?  They do not seem jealous in the least and his crying does not bother them.  They just want to help make him feel better.  He is nursing really, really well and the past two nights has slept amazingly!  We have begun our adventures with cloth diapering as well.  We are already learning that we have favorite brands and some diapers just do not work with him.  He looks pretty cute with his diapers on too!  Later this week I will try and blog his birth story and more from he first days here with us.  Hope everyone is having a great week!

4 comments:

Aprille said...

aww I enjoyed reading this so much! glad to hear things are going well for you. my mom raised 3 boys so I've heard a lot of stories like this!

Trinka said...

Clever little fellow. :)

Morgan said...

I remember those days!!! Enjoy :)

Unknown said...

So funny! Caleb got both of us several times...hahaha. What cloth diaper are working for you? The ones I have like so far have been the bumgenius AIO...the other ones just havent done the job! Call me when things calm down for you :-) I love reading the stories!!!