Saturday, September 26, 2009

What is up?

I am so disappointed in the producers of "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". It has a PG rating. It is also the number 1 movie, or was last week. We wanted to take our girls to go see it. It looked so cute and imaginative. But alas, we hit up www.pluggedinonline.com and read the review. They added a curse word to it. Making it totally inappropriate to take our children to. Very disappointing and totally unnecessary. I am noticing a trend though. "Where the Wild Things Are" is being made into a movie and they also have a PG rating for "animated violence and brief language". Have the producers lost track of who their audience is? What is going on around here? The reviewer of the first movie hit the nail on the head when he said something to the effect of, "Does anyone really want their children running around screaming, 'Get me out of this h***hole." I think not. They are both movies that we would have gone to and supported but now we won't. I wish more producers would take their cues from movies like "Up", "Kit Kitridge" and EVEN "Hannah Montana the movie". We don't let our girls watch the Hannah Montana show but the movie kept true to it's G rating. I don't know if anyone in the movie industry would ever be reading my blog, but if they do, please, please make more rated G movies without mean words, language and sexual innuendos. We will support you!

2 comments:

Trinka said...

I agree!

And I would add ... movies that are clean AND can be enjoyed by adults. I loved "Up" for this reason.

It doesn't have to be nasty for adults to enjoy it!

Unknown said...

How sad! Children's books are loved by generations, even in their innocence of story. That doesn't need to be altered for the big screen...like you said, the audience is (should be) the same.