Friday, August 20, 2010

6 weeks old and 9 year anniversary

The Professor turned 6 weeks old this week.  So hard to believe!  He is growing steadily.  Sometimes it seems overnight he gest bigger!  He has totally outgrown almost all of his 0-3 month clothes.  He can still wear Carter's 3 month clothing though.  We have had to retire all his newborn cloth diapers....they do not even come close to closing around his waist.  Several of the diaper covers have been retired as well.  Luckily, none of those diapers are our favorites!  My husband loves the Happy Heiny's, but sadly we only have 1.  It was actually the only cloth diaper we bought new.  He now told me that he can justify the price of them because they fit so well on the Professor and our 1 H.H. diaper is the one he always looks for!  I love the H.H. one and our Fuzzi Bunz.  We have a bunch of the Fuzzi Bunz that I found at a consignment sale.  As for the Professor, he is finally seeming to settle into a night time routine that we can live with.  All of us are feeling more rested and more normal.  I no longer feel I will melt away if I cannot take a nap!  I am slowly being able to get more done around the house.  I have even cooked and eaten several hot meals lately!  (Those with a nursing baby can relate!)  The Professor is really just the cutest little thing!  He makes these little piggy, snorty sounds when he is hungry, he doesn't cry much and (usually) is easily soothed.  He loves his Mommy, Daddy and sisters.  He knows all of us and sometimes when he cries it is because he wants his Daddy!  He smiles more and more each day and is cooing all the time.  We all just love him!
My husband and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary this past week.  We are looking forward to going out together ALONE this weekend sometime!  These past nine years have been the best of my life.  He is best friend and the best husband I could ever ask for.  I love him SOOOOO much!  We got a card from his family this week and I want to have the words from it framed.   I thought I would share them here because they were so meaningful to us.
"Love has little to do with moonlight and balconies and everything to do with patience, acceptance, and hanging in there.  Love can't always move mountains or change the world overnight.  But it can open its arms at the end of a long, bad day and welcome you home to true belonging.  Love brings a beautiful wholeness.  Nothing else quite compares with the sense of completeness that comes from sharing with that one special person for a lifetime."
Happy Anniversary baby!  I love you!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the words from that card. Perfect description of true marriage. Miss you :) The Professor sounds adorable. I can just imagine him and his piggy sounds!