Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sorry Dad

Only 3 people agree that you MUST have cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving! The official winners of the poll were Pumpkin Pie and Mashed Potatoes! I thought it was funny that those beat out the turkey! Our house is getting ready for the big day. A dear friend, sent us a thankful tree. Last night we put it up and the girls made their "thankful leaves". Today we have been busy cleaning. The guest room is ready and waiting for my hubby's sister to get here, in a little bit there will be homemade granola and pumpkin baking in the kitchen and tomorrow we brine the turkey! I am so excited for Thanksgiving!
What are you all having for your Thanksgiving menu? We are having turkey and ham, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, homemade rolls and cornbread, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, cheesecake and oreo ice cream dessert. I think it is safe to say that no one will walk away hungry!
On a side note, I have loved listening to what our girls want for Christmas this year. Since they don't watch commercials they rarely ask for anything by name. The Hippie wants a fancy dress up item. The Genius wants a wagon to hook onto the back of her bike so she can pull things with it. We already know what we are getting them and I cannot wait to start shopping for it.
Anyways, I hope everyone has safe Thanksgiving travels and Happy early Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We aren't even eating turkey! I don't care for it personally :) My MIL makes a roast that is out of this world :) Happy Thanksgiving!!! A VERY VERY Happy Thanksgiving ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm going to the wrong place for Thanksgiving.. I should be coming to your house! lol ;)

Clifford Jeffery said...

Come on over Stephanie! =)