Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Book Review: Brush of Angel's Wings


I don’t know about you, but I just love Christian fictional books centered around the Amish.  Typically the books are predictable.  But they are usually innocent, with great characters and just a good read.  When looking for a good book to read this summer, I found the book “Brush of Angel’s Wings” by Ruth Reid.  I have never read a Ruth Reid book before.  But I can say that I am very glad to have discovered her.  In my opinion this was not your cookie cutter Christian Fiction Amish book.  It was different than others I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it and enjoyed passing It onto my mom to read as well.  The book centers on Rachel and Jordan.  In Rachel’s family she is the last unmarried sister.  Jordan begins to step into her life but she doesn’t want anything to do with him.  Honestly, he is none too keen about her either.  God has a different plan in mind for these two though, as the book reveals.  Overall, great characters, great writing and a must have for your summer reading list!

No comments: