Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First Date: A Book Review

I was able to review the book First Date by Krista McGee.  This fictional book is based on the story of Esther from the Bible.  The story centers around a reality TV showed called The Book of Love where 100 girls from across the country are competing to be the prom date for the President’s son. 
At first I thought, “oh great. I have picked some teeny bopper book to review.”  But as the story progressed I was truly drawn in.  The main character Addy, has a surprising depth of character.  Like Esther, she was orphaned and raised by her uncle.  Throughout the story, we learn about her parents and how they died and the faith that she inherited from them.  Addy, again like Esther, at first has no desire to be there competing for a boy’s attention.  As the story progresses she begins to see how God is truly at work in her and around her. 
All in all it was a great read, but with a bit of a slow start.  I am glad that I had the chance to read it!

No comments: