Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer is flying

I cannot believe how quickly this summer is flying by!  We have all been so busy and this week is another busy week.  I have even written out all of our lunches and dinners for the week.  I am working almost 40  hours this week and my poor husband is trying to manage 3 kids, his classes for his Master's and job applications.  I am hoping that having all the meals written out will make it easier on all of us.  We did a big shopping trip tonight to prepare for it all.  We ended up being at the store for over an hour!  When we went to check out, we were all organized and everything, but I had gotten 4 peppers.  2 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange.  Peppers are usually pretty expensive but this week they were 4 for $5 so I knew we had to have fajitas this week.  But when the lady rung them up they said 2 for $3.  Now, I know it is a minimal difference but still, I pointed it out.  The lady looks through the weekly flyer, but the peppers are not in there.  So she sends this guy over to check.  And guess what?  I was right!  It serves as a good reminder to check, re-check and triple check your receipts.  They had not fixed the problem at that point so anyone buying peppers is overpaying.  A dollar may not seem like a big deal, but it is to me.  Anyone else ever have that trouble?

No comments: